Tuesday, June 1, 2010

cilantro & lime bean salad WITH TOMATOES!

I think I'm turning into a tomato. We have HUNDREDS of yellow flowers speckling our plants so I know we're really going to be inundated in no time, but I've already been eating handfuls of cherry tomatoes (and a couple big ones) each day! Ayayay! I finally had the heart to use one in a recipe and not just enjoy it out-of-hand with a couple cranks of fresh pepper.

In this bowl: 3 tomatoes, 2 avocados covered with 4 tablespoons lime juice, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped basil, 2 cups black beans, 2 cups corn, 1/2 cup scallion, shallot or early onion (plus the green part), sea salt, pepper, 1/2-1 tsp. evaporated cane sugar, and a glug of olive oil.

P.S. On an entirely unrelated note: I just love this.

No comments: